Simple and delicious. C’est magnifique!
(Try substituting Smart Balance and egg whites for a lower-cholesterol version of this dish)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 slices lemon, for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
- In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Place on serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Famous Chicken Francaise
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.7g
Total Carbs: 21.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g
Delicious for lunch, and only 272 calories per serving!
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli turkey
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread. Divide turkey and tomato slices among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weigh it down with the cans. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
Per serving: 272 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 27 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 680 mg sodium; 118 mg potassium.
Just in time for Spring! This salad is nutritious, tasty, and the kitchen smells great while you’re making it! Serve as a side salad or add chicken for a delicious main entrée.
- 2 cups torn fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, orange peel and ginger. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 295 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Another hit with the fam! This recipe is measured for two, so adjust to the number you’re expecting.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the green pepper mixture, chicken, tomato sauce, soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 423 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.